Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I used to be so good...

So, when we were dating, actually even before we were dating...I used to do creative, Pinterest-worthy things for David all the time...and this was BEFORE Pinterest!  I know it may be hard to believe, but I was actually creative on my own!  I used to do such cute things for David!  I used to make cards, write cheesy poems, and do all kinds of other cute things to remind him that I appreciated and cared for him.

I still appreciate him and care for him SO much, but somewhere along the way, I slacked off on doing the cute things.  I don't know exactly why, but I just haven't been able to get myself together and organized enough to continue to do the cute things I used to do.  This makes me extremely sad, and I am actually embarrassed for people to know I have slacked off so much.  I mean, I have still created a few things for him, but nothing like I used to do.

I want to do better.  I want to do what I used to do.  I want to make sure David knows he means just as much to me as the olden days...actually, I love him more and more each day.  I love our journey together and want him to remember the little things along the way.

I will leave you with an example of what I am talking about...things I used to do...

The way I told David, I love you, was one of my all time favorite projects.  I created a puzzle out of cardboard, painted the pieces, and on each piece I wrote something I liked about him.  The next to last piece of the puzzle said, "these are all reasons why..." and the last piece was a heart that fit in the middle that said, "I love you."  I already knew that he was the guy I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, I knew from the beginning that he was super special, so I wanted to have a cute way to remember this special time for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment