Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Blast From the Past!

Recently I was looking at my past Notes I posted to Facebook...Today, I thought I would share this one with you.  Don't judge me too harshly, because I wrote this in October of 2006...Hope you enjoy the thoughts of my 20 year old brain!
 

i've been thinkin............

by Heather Hose on Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 9:06am
 
so, basically, I've been thinking. And if you know me all that well, you know i do that a lot...even if you can't really tell it. ANYWAY, this is what happened...
When I got to work yesterday, the school aged kids were already there because they got out of school at 11 (irrelevant part of the story, but oh well). Well, they had been wanting to go outside the whole time before I got there, but were told no by the other teacher. Well, when I got there they were SO excited because they knew I would take them out! (yay for outside!...and Ms. Heather!) when we got outside...the fun lasted oh, maybe 10 minutes...then they wanted to go back in. (boo outside! but still yay for Ms. Heather! hahaha!)

That got me thinking about the people around me and, of course, myself. I just got to thinking about how I don't want to be like that...never satisfied and always wanting more than what I already have. I'm not sure if I do a good job at this or not. If i don't do a good job...then I am going to start trying to do better. (oh yes, by the way...I do know that my school kids are a lot different than people my age, because their attention span isn't really all that long...but you know where I am coming from....right?!)

Another thing I have been thinking about lately is how many people walk around our school either upset or angry at something everyday. It makes me sad to see these people. I know I am guilty of it, too, sometimes. However, I don't want to be like this. I like to smile, be happy, and make other people smile throughout my day. I like to have good days, great days, and "fantabulous" days! (fantabulous...one of my favorite words ever!) I don't want to give people the impression that I am stuck up or rude or fake or angry/upset all the time, by frowning all the time, and never saying hi to anyone. Speaking of fake...someone told me that I was the other day, just because I am nice to people!!...I would like to say to that person...thank you for noticing me being nice...try it sometime!! :)

I think everyone needs to practice smiling at everyone (not just their "group" of friends) and saying hi to people...and getting those frowns off of your face! I know sometimes things get tough, but come on...there will always be someone worse off than you so be thankful for what you have! I know that God has blessed everyone's life, daily!, with something good...so open your eyes, see the good things...and forget about the bad things, you will be a lot better off.

One of my fav. quotes: "you cry because you don't have any shoes, until you see the man with no feet" - Unknown  (remember this always...it is always a reality check when I start to complain...it helps me, maybe it will you too!)
This is another good one: "...being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. maybe it is about stringing together all the little things and having those count for more than the bad stuff." -Baily (the sisterhood of the traveling pants)

Okay, so there it was...Heather Bralley rambling on and on about a whole bunch of stuff...that prolly doesn't make sense to anyone but her......

For anyone who reads this...I hope you have a FANTABULOUS day...and a great three day weekend! SMILE!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment