Tuesday, February 12, 2013

♪♫These are a few of my FAVORITE THINGS♫♪

I'm way behind on blogging, but today I wanted to bring back a little bit of Christmas!  This year, I did something completely new and hosted a Favorite Things Party!  (Yes, I got the idea from Pinterest!)  I figured, I like so many things from Pinterest that now (Well, December) was the time to actually begin using some of the ideas I have found!

Anyway, here is is...Favorite Things Party 2012!

The whole idea is, everyone invited thinks of their favorite thing (or group of things) in the $10-$15 price range and ask them to bring three of them!  So everyone brings three of the exact same gifts wrapped and their total spent should be $30-$45.   ALSO, everyone who came was asked to bring one of their favorite desserts or appetizers to share with everyone...we had QUITE the spread!

These are the numbers I chose to set for my party...I have also seen it done where people bring six $5 items, or three $6 items.  Set your cost based on what you think your friends will be able to afford.  I liked the thought of bringing bigger gifts rather than try to figure out a descent gift for $5 or $6. 

The idea is, you bring three of your favorite thing and you take home three friends' favorite things!! Fun, right!?!  Well, let me tell you, IT WAS!  I am already looking forward to planning my next Favorite Things party for December 2013! :)

Here are some pictures of my very first Favorite Things Party!


This isn't the whole group, we are missing a few...because we had to wait for one of our gentlemen to come take a group photo! Aren't our men, so good to us!?!





I LOVED sharing this party with some of my Favorite Friends!



 
This was what I gave as my Favorite ThingS...Watermelon Jolly Ranchers, Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer, Bath & Body Works Infused Socks, a TOMS Sticker, a TOMS Bag, a $5 Moe's GiftCard, and it was all packaged in a Birch Box Box (If you don't know what Birch Box is...I may just have to write a post about it)!  Some of them said I went a little overboard, but it was my party, so I could break the rules...right?! :)

 Some of the other items gifted were.......

Scarves, the Hunger Games DVD, candles, Christmas tumblers, homemade cookbooks, seasoning, $5 giftcards, chocolate, cute socks, etc.  We had a good variety of items...and I'm already trying to think of my gift for next time!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you were blogging, Heather!
    Your comment was so sweet.
    Let me know if you ever want any help with your blog layout/design.
    I can't do anything TOO crazy, but little things like your header and sidebar/general look, I'd be happy to help with. : )

    I've always wanted to go to a favorite things party!
    Such a fun idea. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia! I am SO terrible at blogging, that I just now noticed that you left me a comment! :(

      Delete