Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Christmas Sweater DIY


Okay, so each year since David and I have been RDs (except for our first year) we have hosted an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  So. Much. Fun.  We always have a contest for the ugliest sweater, but we-as the Resident Directors never participate...in the voting that is.  We usually dress in ugly Christmas sweaters...David is so funny and such a great sport for the girls in our dorm. 

This year (well, December 2013), I decided I was going to make us cute shirts with our pictures on them...Thanks Pinterest for the idea!



Items Needed: 
  • T-shirt
  • Felt for elf clothing
  • Scissors
  • Printable iron-on (one sheet per elf)
  • Iron
  • Needle and Thread
  • Extra embellishments:  Pom Pom Ball for top of hat, fabric paint, bells, etc.
Directions:

Step 1:  Print face photo onto a printable iron-on.
Step 2:  Cut out face and iron it onto a shirt.
Step 3:  Cut clothing for the elves...I used two felt tree skirts.
Step 4:  Sew the elf clothing in place on the shirt.


My Mom did all of the sewing! :)
Shout out to my Daddy for his help! :)
Peeling off the iron-on backing!
David and I at our Christmas Party! 
December 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment