Friday, June 8, 2012

♪♫♪ I'm Letting Go ♪♫♪

I don't know about you, but I am a little (okay, maybe a lot) of a control freak.  It is a struggle I deal with constantly.  I know God is ultimately in complete control of my life, yet I try to take the reins from Him all the time.  It's kinda funny because when it comes time to make little decisions like where to eat or what to do on a GNO (girls night out) I never want to be the one to decide!  I am really trying these days to stop fighting God and let Him have complete control of my life and say yes when he tells me what I should do and in HIS time...not Heather's!

I heard this song by Francesca Battistelli from her album, My Paper Heart, and want to share it with you...

I'm Letting Go

My heart beats, standing on the edge
But my feet have finally left the ledge
Like an acrobat
There’s no turning back

(Chorus)
I’m letting go
Of the life I planned for me
And my dreams
I’m losing control
Of my destiny
It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
So I’m letting go

This is a giant leap of faith
Trusting and trying to embrace
The fear of the unknown
Beyond my comfort zone

(Chorus)

Giving in to your gravity
Knowing You are holding me
I’m not afraid

(Chorus)

Feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe
Feels like I’m falling and this is the life for me

Great song, huh?!  I may need some reminders and encouragement along the way, but I'm letting go!  Please help me, by praying for me...that God will help me let go, and stop trying to plan and control my life.  I will pray for you too!  I know I can't be the only one that has this problem...let's help each other!

If there is anything else you would like me to pray about, please let me know...I'm here :)  Enjoy your weekend and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment